Verizon Media (Yahoo!)
Sr Software Dev Engineer • Oct, 2018 — Present
Part of the Cloud Project Onboarding and Tracking team.
- Implemented an interface for Athenz Auth service to handle Athenz headless
user association for grid user creation.
- Automated the creation of grid sudoer user groups that saved customers and
developers several hours of manual and error-prone work per week.
- Automated encryption zone auditing for improper data encryption directories.
- Implemented essential functionality to support a new data grid.
- Reduced technical debt by removing/rewriting legacy code and increasing
Software Engineer • May, 2017 — Aug, 2018
Worked with leading edge technologies to deliver scalable and reliable
high performance API systems to millions of unique users per month:
- Implemented custom monitoring services via Amazon CloudWatch.
- Researched, evaluated, and applied new processes and methods to enrich
- Developed JUnit and Mockito test cases to improve code coverage.
- Contributed to development of automation solutions that improve build
and deployment systems and support continuous deployment/integration.
- Contributed to the AWS migration of a product by evaluating technologies
for efficient and secure storage and retrieval of sensitive information
(e.g. Consul, Vault, AWS Parameter Store).
- Designed and implemented an algorithm that significantly simplified code
and reduced the execution time of a web feed parser by 50%.
Software Engineer • Sep, 2015 — May, 2017
- Provided high quality software services for indoor
positioning and asset tracking solutions that relied on heterogeneous components,
such as IoT.
- Designed and developed a customizable and scalable event-driven system that
processed realtime data streams (e.g. Amazon Kinesis) for purposes such
as monitoring, analytics, and notifications.
- Designed and developed a set of secure Portal REST APIs that simplified
retrieving and modifying server data.
IT and Information Security Intern • May, 2015 — Aug, 2015
- Saved several months of manual work by developing a tool that instantly
documented ~4,000 of attack characteristics.
- Lead the project to prevent the company's websites against online phishing
- Performed dynamic assessments of client-facing applications and provided
remediation strategies for detected vulnerabilities.
Institute for Software Integrated Systems
Research Assistant • May, 2013 — May, 2015
Conducted research on system security and
improvement of Java applications' effectiveness through remediation of security
- Detected security flaws using machine learning
- Optimized method tracing by intercepting specific method calls at
run-time to reduce noisy data.
Developed an Android app that deals with often
changing unstructured data to ease the shopping experience of WIC (Women,
Infants, and Children):
- Improved integration among mobile health solutions using
MongoDB database on Amazon EC2 that stores purchase data.
- Developed data analytics solutions for shopping choices data stored in
SQLite database to provide healthy tips that are customized for each user.
Engineering Intern • Dec, 2011 — Apr, 2013
- Lead the reconstruction of test environment with automated test units in .NET.
- Integrated unit tests with the software development cycle.
M.Sc., Computer Science
Vanderbilt University • Dec, 2015 • GPA: 4.0/4.0
B.S., Computer Science
Vanderbilt University • May, 2013 • GPA: 3.7/4.0
A Smartphone App for Families With
Preschool-Aged Children in a Public Nutrition Program: Prototype Development
Pamela Hull, Janice S. Emerson, Meghan E. Quirk, Juan R. Canedo, Jessica L. Jones,
Violetta Vylegzhanina, Douglas C. Schmidt, Shelagh A. Mulvaney, Bettina M. Beech,
Chiquita Briley, Calvin Harris, and Baqar A. Husaini.
In JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2017:
Journal of Medical Internet Research, mHealth and uHealth, 2017.
C# (prior experience), C++ (prior experience), Python (prior experience).
Bamboo, Docker, Gradle, Git (GitHub/GitLab),
JIRA, JUnit, Maven, Terraform, Vagrant.
Spring, Retrofit, Hibernate, Vaadin, GWT, Ember.
Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio,
Android Studio, HP WebInspect, Acunetix, HP Fortify on Demand.
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Tau Beta Pi, Vanderbilt University, 2013.
Ballroom dancing, photography,
embroidery, gardening, and cooking.